Monday 22 October 2012

 SPENCER'S AT THE WATERFRONT 

1340 Lakeshore Road, Burlington, Ontario L7S 1B1, (905) 633-7494, Mon - Sat 11:30 to close, Sunday 9:30 to close

Went to Spencer's at the waterfront in Burlington for my son's birthday.  There were five of us Monday for dinner.  We have been here before for drinks and apps, but never for a full dinner.  We arrived at about 7 and the restaurant was more than half full.  We were ushered to a banquette table which was comfortable for five people.  I ordered a couple of bottles of french Merlot wine and we began ordering apps, including the warm olive selection, lobster dumplings kaffir lime caramel, scallops and pork belly cider braised fennel.  They were all absolutely scrumptious!  We slowly savoured the apps and ordered our mains.  My son (birthday guy) and his girlfriend ordered the red fife and ricotta gnocchi with cauliflower chantrelles, poached egg, brown butter.  My wife and other son ordered the arctic char with cauliflower risotto, chorizo and brown butter.  I ordered the heritage chicken with salsify, gnocchi, sweetbread, maitake, brussel sprouts.  All of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals.

For desert my sons and my wife ordered the smores cheesecake covered in a chocolate shell.  My son's girlfriend ordered the sorbet. They raved about the delicious desserts.  My wife and I had the cappuccino and it was delicious.

The ambiance of the restaurant and its location added to the enjoyment of the evening.  Monday night when every one moved a little slower, made it enjoyable and calm, which allowed us to enjoy each other's company with no rush.

It was one of the best restaurant experiences I have ever enjoyed.  The only drawback was the cost.  But you only live once!!












lobster dumplings app




scallops with pork belly



warmed olive selection
arctic char and cauliflower risotto
chicken - absolutely divine


gnocchi with poached egg
foamy cappucino

selection of sorbet

smores cheesecake



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete